Some people may still often hear that charging or charging the cellphone battery for too long will actually make the cellphone damaged quickly. The warning appears because many people charge their cellphones at night while sleeping.
That said, charging the cellphone for too long will make the battery components leak quickly, and then the damage will spread to other parts. Is that right?
Reporting from PCMag, charging the cellphone for too long will damage the cellphone is not entirely true. Because smartphones on the market today have such a “smart” design to prevent damage to cellphone components when charging for too long.
One of the main components that allow the battery and phone to stay safe even if they are charged for too long is the chipset. Most of the chipsets embedded in smartphones today have the technology to ensure no “overload” of power and can cut off electricity automatically when the power is fully charged.
Charging will stop automatically once the internal lithium-ion battery reaches 100% of its capacity. In fact, some vendors embed more advanced technology to maintain the quality of the battery in their devices.
Charging HP for too long also doesn’t get the blessing of some experts. Although charging the cellphone for too long doesn’t necessarily damage the smartphone. However, users are also advised not to do this. Because when you charge your cellphone overnight, the battery will fluctuate from 99 to 100 percent and vice versa.
Gradually, this will reduce the life of the phone and battery. However, there is a way to overcome this, namely using a smart or intelligent plug that automatically regulates the mains voltage.
There are smart plugs of various brands and price ranges in the marketplace. Charging your cellphone for too long can also make your electricity bill swell. Therefore, it is better to be wiser in managing the charging of any device, smartphone, laptop, or other wearable device.