You are probably already familiar with the Whatsapp application. Now, almost all smartphone users must have Whatsapp. This application is an application that replaces the way we communicate. SMS and phone calls that used to be made, are now replaced by the application from Facebook.
Interestingly, WhatsApp does not only provide the ability to share text or voice. This application is also a means of sending images or videos. In fact, the WhatsApp application can already be used on a PC. Everything is done very easily through this one application.
This large number of WhatsApp users cannot be denied, making many people unable to escape from this one application. Because it has become a part of life, it is undeniable that WhatsApp data often fills your cellphone. This makes you need to manually delete messages, considering that WhatsApp messages are not stored in the Cloud automatically.
Unfortunately, this manual deletion often leads to regret because you might want to see the deleted message. For that, this time we will discuss how to restore deleted WhatsApp messages. Just look at the details of the following article.
How to Restore Lost WhatsApp Chats on Android
Actually, losing chats on WhatsApp is nothing to worry about. The reason is, WhatsApp already provides a feature that allows you to restore WhatsApp chats. It’s just that, you need to make backup chats settings first
To set up chats backup, you need to go to the settings section of WhatsApp. On Android, you can do the following steps.
- Open the Whatsapp application on Android.
- Then, click the three dots symbol in the upper right corner.
- Next, select the settings menu in the final selection.
- After that, you can directly click Chats.
- Automatically several options will appear. You just need to click Chat backup.
- Here will be directly displayed some terms and conditions. However, before you click backup, it is recommended to set some settings in performing backups, such as backing up to Google Drive, Account, Back up over, and also including videos.
- Use a Google account to back up WhatsApp chats. You will then be given the option to do an auto backup which can be done daily, weekly, or monthly.
- When finished, WhatApp will backup the chat for the amount of data available. If you have lots of photos and videos, of course the size will be bigger.
Well, if one day all the messages on your WhatsApp are deleted, all you need to do is make a backup in that section. All messages that were not there, you can now access again. This can also be applied if you have a new cellphone or the cellphone used is factory reset.
Meanwhile, direct message chats to other people can be archived easily. For example, you want to archive a chat or chat with your partner, you just need to do the following steps.
- Open the Whatsapp application on your Smartphone.
- Choose the WhatsApp chat that you want to save. Here you choose based on the person you chat with, yes.
- If you have selected, go directly to the chat with the friend you want to save the chat with. Then, immediately click the three-dot symbol in the upper right corner.
- After that, you can directly select the more menu in the bottom option.
- Next, there is an email chat menu and you directly click on the menu to save the Whatsapp chat via e-mail.
If your conversation with your partner is deleted, you can view the archive of the conversation via the described email.
How to Restore Lost WhatsApp Chats on iOS
To back up or backup chats on iOS devices, the method is more or less the same as Android. It’s just that, you have to sign in with your Apple ID and have iCloud service. Of course, iOS users usually have iCloud storage capacity.
To back up chats on iOS. You just need to do the following steps.
- Open WhatsApp Settings
- Select Chat
- Select Chat Backup
- Next, Select Backup Now.
You can also perform an automatic backup or an automatic chat backup by selecting the “Auto Backup” option.
To archive chats with someone, the method is the same as for Android users. It’s just that to restore archived chats, iOS users can easily do it. The trick is to just shake the phone and then select the option to unarchive chat.