The web version of Instagram is getting closer to the app. Now, various important features in the Instagram application can be used on Instagram Web.
Some important features of Instagram that can also be tested on the Web version are updating feeds using photos or videos, sending DMs, placing comments, and watching Stories.
This is of course different from a few years ago. At that time, users could only view Instagram feeds.
Instagram features on the website
Why do many people want Instagram to be accessed via a laptop or desktop PC? This will actually make it easier to upload photos and use application filters on a laptop or PC.
Many people love Instagram so much that they really want to be able to use all its full features on their laptop or desktop computer. In that way, it is hoped that the results of taking pictures with a digital camera (which have high resolution) can be uploaded directly.
Until the end of 2021, there are already many features of the Instagram version of the application available on PC. You can upload photos or videos, view feeds, watch stories, and DM.
The feature to create or upload Stories is still not available on a PC. Most likely, it is still difficult to do through a PC or laptop device so the feature is not yet available.
Like opening other social media accounts, you can open Instagram by accessing it directly from the browser. Here are the steps to open Instagram account from laptop or PC.
- Open browser from laptop or desktop PC
- Go to Instagram website > www.instagram.com
- Login using the account you have created
- Access your timeline with the feed view on the left and stories in a smaller column on the right.
The display on the laptop allows you to view posts on your timeline and profile, leave comments, and view stories.
How to Post Instagram Photos and Videos Via PC or Laptop
The feature of posting videos or Instagram videos via the website has just been released. Previously, users could actually upload via Instagram Web, although there were several “cheat” ways. That is, users need to tweak the website in a certain way to do this.
With the presence of these features, of course you will be more comfortable in uploading photos and videos on Instagram Web. No need to make browser modifications anymore.
The method is also very easy. Just follow below:
- Click the “+” icon. It’s located between DM (lightning logo) and Explore (compass shape).
- To upload a photo or video, please click Select From Computer. You can also drag (drag) photos or videos directly into the upload box. You can select multiple photo or video files at once in one upload.
- After uploading, you select the desired photo or video ratio. There are several choices, namely original, square (1:1), and landscape (16:9).
- After that, you can choose a filter by adjusting the brightness, contrast, saturation, and others.
- Enter the caption, tag, location, to deactivate comments, if you want.
- Finally, click the “Share” button.
How to View Story Via PC or Laptop
How to view Stories via Instagram Web is very easy. When you open Instagram, you can immediately see the profile photos of the users you follow and update Stories.
Just click on the photo, the Story will immediately open.
How to Send a DM
To send a DM, you can click the DM icon. The icon is in the shape of a lightning bolt.
You can also send messages by selecting the profile of the user you want to address. Just visit the person’s page and click Message to send messages to each other.